Sunday, February 19, 2006

Risotteria-NYC

I was recently in NYC for a job interview and was staying in the West Village with a friend that goes to NYU. She had been telling me about a gluten-free restaurant that she lived by. When I arrived to her dorm, the first thing I made her do was walk me past this restaurant. I was extremely excited about it--and after I saw the menu I couldn't wait for our 8 o'clock dinner! I had a shrimp pizza for dinner (without cheese, as I'm also sensitive to lactose), and my friend got the non-GF Caesar Salad. Risotteria offers gluten-free paninis, salads, pizzas, and more, and their prices are pretty reasonable.

Tuesdays are gluten-free Pasta and Beer day. Unfortunately, being under 21, I wasn't able to taste the beer. They import their pasta directly from Italy, and make them with traditional pasta sauces. They also offer great breadsticks with every meal! I would definitely recommend this restaurant for any Celiac in Manhattan that

Risotteria is located at 270 Bleecker Street, and the phone number is 212.924.6664. I am not sure whether or not they take reservations; it is a very small restaurant (maybe 10 tables). Their website can be found at www.risotteria.com. Definitely check it out.

1 Comments:

At 5:23 AM, Blogger superclosetnerd said...

Got some interesting stuff I didn't know... cool... my silly site... wood burning fireplace

 

Post a Comment

<< Home